Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Magazine Street


Let me begin by apologizing for not posting recently.  I was on a whirlwind family vacation.  I started by flying home to Atlanta, then we all packed up and went to my birthplace, New Orleans.  It had been two years since I'd been back, and it was as full of character as ever.  One of my favorite streets to shop on and one that you should definitely stop by if you're visiting, is Magazine Street.  Filled with quaint antique stores and galleries, it is definitely a unique place to shop. 
While I can appreciate more contemporary and modern looking furniture, my heart always lies with antiques.  The old homes lining St. Charles Avenue are filled with these Magazine St. treasures.  I am intoxicated by the ornate crown moldings, old photographs, and the smell of vintage tufted leather sofas.  

No comments: