Thursday, September 25, 2008

Inexpensive Boutiques

Obviously in New York it is not hard to find beautiful clothes, but finding inexpensive ones may require a little search.  Here are my go-to's when I'm in need for some retail therapy that won't dent my bank account.  

1. Pinky Otto.  I have several dresses and a couple of coats that I've worn tons.  Nothing I've bought in there has been over $250, and often at the end of the season they offer deep discounts.  One of my favorite buys was a light grey wool coat with puckered sleeves.  (located in Soho on Prince St. and one in the East Village on 9th)

2. Darling.  This is another wonderful store located on Horatio and Eighth Ave (conveniently one block away from my apt :)).  They carry a few quirkly lines like Built by Wendy, Ella Moss, Mackenzie, and their own vintage finds as well.  

3. Flying A in Soho.  They carry one of my absolute favorite lines, Maje.  I discovered Maje in Paris at the Maje boutique.  They have a very Chloe'esque aesthetic and offer very beautiful casual wear.  

4.  Tokyo 7.  When jonesing for designer duds this is a great stop.  This consignment store has a great inventory of recent styles including bags, shoes, and dresses.  Of course, with all consignment shops its hit or miss depending when you go, but I've always had good luck with this one. 

more on this list to come...


No comments: