Friday, January 2, 2009

Trends that need to expire in 2008

I may be alone here but the top of the list for me is:

1. liquid leggings They just are not flattering in any way shape or form.  unless you are a size -2, you CANNOT pull this trend off.  Even if you are that size, why would you want your legs to look like they are wrapped in saran wrap?  You are not your mom's Christmas leftovers.  

2. the stache This year Brad Pitt, Robert Downey Jr, and Orlando Bloom all decided to sport this facial accessory.  Why?  I don't find a nose skirt attractive.  Show your faces!  For God sakes, with these men its not like they have anything to hide

3. excessive spending not to be the bearer of bad news, but its time to admit to ourselves (and wallets) that we are in a recession.  That means being thrifty and not going on weekly Sunday shopping sprees after brunch.  Ok, maybe I'm really writing this to myself but I'm sure that we all kind of need to hear it.  I guess I'll have to wait a few months before I buy those Louboutin's I've been lusting over.



No comments: